Line by Line Indexing
(603) 277-0352 Send a message*
OTHER SERVICES OFFERED:
Some facts about my indexing business and process:
- I’ve indexed over 125,00 pages in more than 300 books since 2014
- Four of the first five books I indexed were over 1000 pages long. I’m a fast learner!
- My background is in the sciences – medicine specifically. I ran my own medical practice with my husband for more than 10 years.
- I index more than just medical and science books. Here’s an eclectic selection:
- treatise on dressage: Dressage for No Country by Paul Belasik
- The History of Gangster Rap by Soren Baker
- analysis of post-WWII Italy through cinema, literature, and US military guidebooks: Allied Encounters: The Gendered Redemption of World War II Italy by Marisa Escola
- mystery of America’s first flag’s origin: The First American Flag: Revisiting the Grand Union at Prospect Hill by Byron DeLear
- Chicago sewer system history: West by Southwest to Stickney by Richard Lanyon
- I read every book that I index from cover to cover–at least TWICE. The first time through, I employ the old-school method of marking up the book with a modern twist: on my iPad. Then I read the book for the second time as I prepare the index. Sometimes, a third pass through the book is necessary to consolidate concepts and themes.
- My indexing process is paper-free.
- Today, I use five software programs to produce one quality index. Thirty-five years ago, indexers used only index cards and an electric typewriter. I don’t know how they managed.
- Find out more about my indexing business and my rates here.
What recent clients have said.
Michelle has indexed a number of books from a variety of genres for us—from self-help to how-to to biography. She comes at every project with a positive attitude, eager to tackle a new subject and willing and able to meet deadlines. She is both a pleasure to work with and the utmost professional.—
Rebecca Didier, Managing Editor, Trafalgar Square Books
After spending some time with my index (and referring to other indexes), I realize the complexity of what the indexer did, and please let them know that I am very appreciative. Indexing is quite an art.—
Marisa Escolar, author, to her editor at Fordham Press
I run a website with educational videos made from PowerPoint slides for medical students. I need the content of all the videos indexed so students could search for a topic. Line by Line did a wonderful job. The new index has been extremely valuable to our users. I recommend Michelle and Line by Line indexing 100%.—
Jason Ryan, Founder and CEO, Boards and Beyond (acquired by McGraw Hill)